Welcome to Missy's Blog!

Hi There! My Name's Missy and I'm a bantam chicken working for the Ohio Bird Sanctuary helping to educate kids and families about birds and nature. This is where I will be keeping a short dairy about my daily duties and going ons at the Sanctuary. If you have a question for me you can send it to AskMissyOBS@gmail.com and I will answer it on here.
Make sure to visit the Ohio Bird Sanctuary's website at OhioBirdSanctuary.com for upcoming events.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Artist in residence

Had a great time at the first annual Art on the Wing fund raiser for th Sanctuary and Mansfield Art Center. I did three painting for the event and raised over $250 for the organization. The staff even let me walk around withe other artists to show off my work!

2 comments:

  1. May 2011
    Hi!
    I’ve been one busy chicken, my blog hasn’t been updated often, but I’m trying to fit it into my busy schedule. I’m aiming to post the first Saturday of each month.
    May is baby bird month at OBS all sorts of species are brought to the Sanctuary because of injury or being orphaned.- Our first baby this month is a barred owl. The tree in which it’s nest was located was cut down. It could not be reunited with the parents si it was brought here. It’s in a weird set up if you ask me. The staff here is making sure it grows to adulthood still able to be released into the wild. So they have it set up so it can’t see or hear people, and mirrors to show it’s reflection. All to prevent imprinting and to increase
    it’s capability to be released.
    Baby birds are cool so are the adult raptors. OBS gives weekly Saturday programs about them here at 1pm and at Mohican resort at 8pm until October.
    Next thing you know it’ll be summer, OBS is gearing up for nature camp. All information and registration is on our web site. www. Camp’s not far away, we’re filling up so don’t delay!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you this Saturday! Can't wait to see the Owls.

    ReplyDelete